GlassRoots -10 Bleeker Street, Newark

A Really Unique NonProfit Organization

GlassRoots, Inc. is the only glass hotshop for youth in the Metropolitan NY/NJ area.

Check out this one of a kind, unique and successful nonprofit organization that is making a real difference in the lives of many at risk teens at
http://www.glassroots.org/

Pictured above is a GlassRoots student, Yeah the one with the kid and the blow torch!


Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ugly Homes Wanted


I noticed an interesting ad placed in the Arts section of the Montclair Times, a few pages in from the last page in the lower right corner of the page, very easy to miss.  Now with that said, is this a legit ad, I don't know but I figured it can't hurt to call and find out, right?

Ok, so I called and left a message for Landmark Builders (recorded greeting) on the answering machine.  I am awaiting a return call.  I will publish a post on my findings once I speak with someone at Landmark Builders.  In the meantime, below are details from the ad.

The ads states 30 Ugly Homes are needed for a Television Program.  The prject needs Ugly Kitchens, Bathrooms, Siding, Windows as well as other Ugly areas of the home.

These Ugly aspects of the home will be repaired and or remodeled, the process of which will be video taped for training film purposes and future television shows on Home Remodeling Works.

This remodeling is to be specially priced work with compensation back to the homeowner for a signed release.

Contact 888-565-4700 or 609-567-2828, ask for the TV project department.

If you decide to call about your home, it would be great if you could share your experience on the blog.  Commenting is available at the bottom of this post. 

Thanks and Good Luck !!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I received a return phone call from Landmark and they are gathering the preliminary information for each home regarding what repairs or remodeling needs to be done on the house. Obviously you'll need to provide them with accurate contact information and if your home is selected, they will schedule a date & time to discuss including review of a contract.

Anonymous said...

I found this information on another website. Here is their comment:
http://www.diychatroom.com/f19/ugly-homes-wanted-10399/

Ugly Homes Wanted
If you see this ad---look away. It reads FOR TELEVISION PROGRAM In This Area. The area being the greater Philadelphia, N.J. area. We need 30 ugly homes with ugly Kitchens, Bathrooms, Siding, Windows, etc.

We will repair and remodel them and shoot video for training film and feature TV show on HomeRemodeling work. Must sign release

The ad goes on and gives a phone no. A man using a Landmark Builders card comes and tells you that they will film the remodel and train others from the film. He even says this is a governt grant.

NOT TRUE THE PEOPLE HE SUBCONTRACTS TO DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH, THEY MAY BE IN TRAINING. He will tell you that the job is done at 50% off. So I did this and I paid $15,000 for what a $30,000 bathroom. Check out my post for COURT OR CUT MY LOSSES to get a bigger idea how crooked these guys are!!!